- American Viniyoga Institute: for more information about Viniyoga. You might also be interested in joining the American Viniyoga Institute’s mailing list (which can be done in the “Stay Connected” box at the bottom left of their website)
- Comparing Yoga, Exercise, and a Self-Care Book for Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized, Controlled Trial: two of my teachers, Gary Kraftsow and Robin Rothenberg, developed and taught a series of classes designed to ease low back pain for a medical trial; this is the resulting article which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- The Yoga Therapist Will See You Now: a New York Times article about Viniyoga and yoga therapy, published May 10, 2007.
- Asana as A Tool: A Viniyoga Approach: an interesting interview with Gary Kraftsow offering a good summary of Viniyoga methodology. Published in Integral Yoga Magazine, September 2010
- Viniyoga and mindfulness programs result in reduced perceived stress levels: Aetna Health Insurance recently completed a controlled study of stress reduction techniques, including Viniyoga. I am teaching some of the classes for this study.
- Arianna (Huffington) Interviews Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini On De-Stressing
- New York Times article about Mark Bertolini bringing Viniyoga to Aetna employees (I teach in this program!), published March 1, 2015.
Books, DVDs, CDs
- Chair Yoga, a basic chair practice CD by Stephanie Harding
- Mat Practice, a basic mat practice CD by Stephanie Harding
- Yoga for Wellness, by Gary Kraftsow
- Yoga for Transformation, by Gary Kraftsow
- Viniyoga Therapy for Depression, DVD by Gary Kraftsow
- Viniyoga Therapy for Anxiety, DVD by Gary Kraftsow
- Viniyoga Therapy for the Low Back, Sacrum and Hips, DVD by Gary Kraftsow
- Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders, DVD by Gary Kraftsow
- Chanting Live with Gary Kraftsow and Friends, CD
- Yoga Sutras – Chapter 1, CD by Gary Kraftsow
- Yoga Sutras – Chapter 2, CD by Gary Kraftsow
- Yoga for Wellness CD Set, CDs by Gary Kraftsow
Other related sites
Yoga Alliance, a national yoga organization that sets standards for registering yoga teachers. I am registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level.
The International Association of Yoga Therapists, a professional organization for yoga therapists supporting yoga therapy research and education. I am a yoga therapist and a member of IAYT.
Articles of interest
Read a BBC report analyzing studies linking yoga to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.